Posted Fri, January 11th, 2019 6:49 am by Edith Roberts
- Joan Biskupic reports at CNN that “Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s cancer surgery and ongoing recuperation have cast an atmosphere of uncertainty over the Supreme Court at a critical time for its future and as the legal fate of several controversial White House policies hang in the balance.”
- At the Goldwater Institute’s In Defense of Liberty blog, Jacob Huebert urges the justices to hear a challenge to an Illinois campaign-finance law and to “and make clear that governments cannot use contribution limits to tilt the political playing field in anyone’s favor.”
- At Empirical SCOTUS, Adam Feldman “takes [a] cut at measuring cases that generated the most interest so far this term, much like a snapshot of the current Supreme Court landscape.”
- In an episode of the Heritage Foundation’s SCOTUS 101 podcast, “John-Michael Seibler joins Elizabeth Slattery to talk about RBG’s absence and Kavanaugh’s first SCOTUS opinion.”
- At The National Law Review, Jennifer Theis and Howard Michael look at Iancu v. Brunetti, in which the court will consider a First Amendment challenge to the ban on registration of “immoral” or “scandalous” trademarks.
We rely on our readers to send us links for our round-up. If you have or know of a recent (published in the last two or three days) article, post, podcast, or op-ed relating to the Supreme Court that you’d like us to consider for inclusion in the round-up, please send it to roundup [at] scotusblog.com. Thank you!
SCOTUSblog (Jan. 11, 2019, 6:49 AM),